Something terrible happened to me yesterday, and I still haven’t figured out how I’m going to cope.
One of my contact lenses ripped in half…while still resting upon my eyeball. I got one half out immediately, but the other took some extreme wrangling, leaving me with a very angry looking right eye.
Of course I have glasses. They’re actually a stronger (so better?) prescription than my contacts, but boy do I hate wearing them. I didn’t notice changes in my vision until 7th grade, and only got glasses to see the board from the back of class. By my freshman year of college, I needed to wear them all the time, but adjusting to a life with glasses was hard for me, so I opted for contacts.
And they’re great. Until they fall apart while still attached to your cornea. Oh, and remember your next shipment isn’t coming in until the end of the month…when you thought you’d be needed more. So yeah, I guess it’s my glasses and me for 2 weeks. I don’t know if I can survive.
Some primo snack food will make me feel better. I’ve been scouring the Internet for new hummus recipes, and after trying this one from the same website, I knew this one was worth a shot. Honey in hummus? Weird, but good. Good weird if you will.
Definitely a nice break from the normal garlic-lemon flavored hummus. Try it for yourself and see!
- two 15oz cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed (and peeled if desired)
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp crumbled saffron threads
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- fresh chopped cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- Combine first three ingredients in a food processor and whip until combined.
- Add all other ingredients except for cilantro or parsley and process until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator, and serve cold or at room temperature.
Adapted from Cara’s Cravings