It’s Monday. Back to business as usual. I’m sure your business is pressing. I’m sure your business is important. Business usually is. I might have more business in my future. We’ll have to see.
The manly man that lives with me prefers something more “manly,” whatever that means. So I went with my interpretation of the word and these bacon, egg and cheese cups were born.
I should mention, I did not make these selflessly. A visiting friend bought bacon while staying in our house and left behind about half the package. I don’t like bacon (can we still be friends?) so I needed to work it into something for Luke.
He enjoyed them immensely. I’m sure you will too, if egg and cheese wrapped in bacon sounds up your alley. I know my alley is weird and warped and doesn’t allow bacon. My loss, your gain!
One Year Ago: Angel Food Cake
- 8 large eggs
- 8 slices of bacon (whatever variety you enjoy most)
- ½ cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the holes of a standard muffin tin with a slice of bacon, pressing it around the sides of the hole, not on the bottom. It’s ok to let it overlap.
- Crack one egg into each hole, and stir each slightly with a fork if you want to break the yolks.
- Sprinkle each with salt, black pepper and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the eggs are fully cooked.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 mins, then pop out of the muffin tins carefully with a butter knife and serve.
Makes 8 cups, but this recipe can be easily adjusted to make as many as you’d like.
Adapted from Dine & Dish